Laguna Beach i California
When deciding whether to become an Airbnb host, it is important for you to understand the laws in your city. As a platform and marketplace we do not provide legal advice, but we want to give you some useful links that may help you better understand laws and regulations in Laguna Beach. This list is not exhaustive, but it should give you a good start in understanding your local laws. If you have questions, contact the city directly.
The City of Laguna Beach (Municipal Code) allows short-term vacation rentals (29 nights or fewer stays) to operate with a city business license and an Administrative Use Permit or a Conditional Use Permit (AUP/CUP). Hosts must display these 2 numbers on their online advertisements.
- Click here to apply for a business license
- Click here to find more information on Administrative Use Permit and Conditional Use Permit (AUP/CUP) and what’s required for your listing.
If you already have your 2 numbers, add the details to your listing to complete the process. If you are hosting a Hotel or a Motel, or if you are hosting only long-term stays (30 nights or more) you won’t need these numbers and should claim an exemption for your listing on Airbnb.
Note: the format for a valid business license is XXXXXX (Ex: 123456) and the format for a valid Administrative Use Permit or Conditional Use Permit is YYYY-XXXX (Ex: 2021-1234)
Short-term vacation rentals must also comply with the two following requirements:
- Overnight occupancy of short-term lodging unit(s) is limited to a maximum of two people per bedroom. Additional daytime guests are allowed between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. with the maximum daytime guests not to exceed two people per bedroom with a maximum of 20 guests allowed for five bedrooms or more.
- Owner or local contact person must be able to respond within 60 minutes
Short-term rental regulations
The new Short-Term Lodging (STL) Ordinance has been adopted by the City Council and certified by the California Coastal Commission. You can find the regulations in Chapter 25.23 of the Municipal Code.
- STL is no longer allowed in the residential districts (R-1, R-2, and R-3). Existing permitted STL units in the residential districts are legal nonconforming and may continue to operate. The use runs with the land as opposed to the owner.
- STL is allowed in the LB/P, C-N, C-1, and CH-M zoning districts and within the CBD-1, CBD-2, CBD Central Bluffs, CBD Office, and CBD Visitor Commercial Districts of the Downtown Specific Plan subject to the approval of an Administrative Use Permit and SLV zoning district subject to the approval of a Conditional Use Permit. The biggest change for commercial districts is that STL is now allowed in the Downtown. Click here to view the map of the permitted zoning districts for STLs.
- No more than 20% of the total number of units in commercial and mixed-use districts shall be converted to STLs, with a maximum number of 300 total units city-wide, including STLs approved prior to October 2020.
- An additional 165 home-share units are permitted in single-family, duplex, and triplex dwelling units located within the permitted commercial and mixed-use districts. The use permit fee for home-share units is waived by the City.
- Properties with five or fewer units may only convert a maximum of one unit into a short-term lodging. Properties with more than five units may only convert a maximum of 20% of the total number of units into short-term lodgings.
- All new STL permits are valid for three years after approval. The permit must be renewed every three years to continue operation.
- Reiserestriksjoner og reiseråd i New JerseyMyndighetenes covid-19-tiltak endres stadig, så følg med på oppdateringer og bruk lokale og nasjonale myndigheter som kilde til oppdatert in…
- OpplevelsesvertGuidede turer i Sør-KoreaLover, regler, lisenser – her finner du nyttig informasjon om ting du kan få bruk for som vertskap for Airbnb-opplevelser i området ditt.
- OpplevelsesvertRegistrering av virksomhet i DetroitLover, regler, lisenser – her finner du nyttig informasjon om ting du kan få bruk for som vertskap for Airbnb-opplevelser i området ditt.