6 lokalkjente anbefaler ·
Om dette stedet
Museum Hilversum is deels gevestigd in het oorspronkelijke raadhuis van Hilversum. En hoewel het museum qua architectuur natuurlijk niet kan tippen aan het huidige wereldberoemde raadhuis van Dudok uit 1931, is het toch heel bijzonder.
Powered by Foursquare
Tips fra lokalkjente
This museum boast contemporary collections of media art. Yearly the museum hosts the World Press Photo, as second city in the Netherlands. Also exhibitions from renowned photograpers such as Carla van de Puttelaar, William Rutten and Govert de Roos are organized.
In het oorspronkelijke raadhuis van Hilversum is Museum-Hilversum gevestigd. Jaarlijks zijn er wisselende exposities. Ook wordt hier jaarlijks de Zilveren Camera voor beste journalistieke foto bekend gemaakt.
Unike ting å gjøre i nærområdet
Steder å bo i nærheten
Lokalkjente anbefaler også
“Culmination of Dudok’s work The Town Hall in Hilversum (1931) is the culmination of Willem Marinus Dudok’s oeuvre. It was built in a park-like setting (a residential area from the end of the 19th century) on the former ‘Den Witten Hull’ estate, which had been purchased by the municipality in 1923. The foundations of the ‘Witten Hull’ mansion, which was demolished to make space for the town hall, are still visible in the basement that nowadays houses the Dudok Architecture Centre. Opening in 1931 After taking office in 1915 as Director of Public Works of the municipality of Hilversum, Dudok almost immediately began making plans for a new town hall, but the construction of the final design did not begin until 1928 (after drawing up 10 designs for various locations). Because it was situated on an open site—without building lines or limitations on building height—Dudok was given free rein in his design. The result is a sculptural building consisting of cubist volumes and horizontal facade lines that culminates in a 48-metre-high tower. Watch a video of the opening of the Town Hall in 1931, attended by the Queen’s Commissioner Jhr. Röell, Minister of Water Management P. J. Reymer, and Mayor Lambooy, among others. Asymmetrical, imposing and exciting Although the concept of a medieval town hall can be seen in the building’s grouping of volumes around two courtyards and the addition of a clock tower, Dudok wanted to evoke a different feeling with his design than the standard symmetrical Renaissance structures do. He created facades that are asymmetrical, imposing and exciting by varying the elevations of the different building volumes. His inspiration came from stylistic characteristics in early 20th-century architecture, but he applied them in such a personal, distinctive way that he surpassed the prevailing ‘trends’ with his design. His fusion of the abstraction of New Objectivity and the adorment of expressionism (better known in the Netherlands as the Amsterdam School) garnered widespread admiration. By using a combination of concrete and steel for the load-bearing structure, Dudok allowed the roof edges and yellow bricks from which the building is constructed to defy the laws of gravity in different places by suggestively making them ‘float’. Moreover, Dudok had a variant kind of brick with an oblong format specially developed for the town hall. In combination with the now famous oblique shadow joints between the bricks, the horizontal lines in the facades are reinforced in a subtle way. Although the Town Hall seems colossal from the outside, having a rigorous, almost militaristic appearance, the interior is in fact more intimate and colourful in nature. Within each space the ambiance has been carefully adapted to the function for which it was designed, from the use of materials to furnishings, upholstery, decorations, lettering, and door and window fittings. As such, the Town Hall is known as a Gesamtkunstwerk—the hand of the architect can be found in every detail, so it can be experienced as a whole. Restoration The Town Hall underwent a major restoration in the period 1989–1995. Almost all of the original bricks, which had been baked too softly and were porous as a result, had sustained frost damage. These had to be largely replaced with new ones during the restoration. For the interior, the authentic furniture was brought back as much as possible, and all original colours were restored. The unexpectedly costly restoration, due to years of postponing vital maintenance, was carried out under the direction of Van Hoogevest Architects from Amersfoort and awarded the Europa Nostra Award.”
- 5 lokalkjente anbefaler
“This is a nice cinema for the 'better' movies and good priced drinks. This theater is runned by only volunteers.”
- 6 lokalkjente anbefaler
“Completing the trio of stunning natural areas surrounding Hilversum is the Hoorneboegse Heide. This extensive area of connected footpaths is a hikers dream. Although cattle roam freely on the pasture and heathland, it also serves as a nature reserve and the cattle actually help maintain the growth of the heather. As you walk through the various different paths, wild landscapes roll past and beautiful patches of purple and green heather sway in the wind. The odd tree stands proudly amidst the sea of heather and cattle graze peacefully. For dog lovers, ramblers and cyclists, this is another natural haven and a perfect place to explore, no matter the weather.”
- 6 lokalkjente anbefaler
“The place to be at Thursday and Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday all day. Local beers are served. This beautiful building was built over a hundred years ago as a car garage and showroom for the well-being of Hilversum and its environs. Autopalace De Wit was a progressive building and radiated optimism and opulence. It was a modern open building with a huge free span with a thin scale roof of concrete. In 1912 Concrete was really a new building material and only a few of these large scale roofs were made. It was designed in the Art Nouveau style, overblown from Paris. Not much later the building was put into use as a Dutch signal factory and the building forms the basis of the development of broadcasting city Hilversum as the centre of the Netherlands for Radio & Television. Years later, the building was used as a party hall Trianon and a Casino with cinema. In the last years the building was known as the Eurocinema. There was nothing more visible from the original Art Nouveau architecture. The building had fallen completely in decline over the years. It was like a rectangular ' box ' wrapped with shabby façade plating. Also on the inside there was nothing visible from the scale roof with large rooflights. The Euro cinema was perhaps the ugliest building in Hilversum in one of the most prominent places in the city centre. The building was almost demolished, but luckily all forces are united to maintain this building. The façade in Art Nouveau style has been restored. Existing residues have been made visible again and many elements have been reduced to original design. The beautiful scale roof has been restored and the windows in the roof are opened again. Some new features have been added, which are a nice contrast to the original architecture. With the new façade on the market side and expansion on the side, the building opens into the city. In short: MOUT gives new life to this beautiful building. ”
- 24 lokalkjente anbefaler