A beautifully renovated 4 bedroom home on the hill with spectacular views of The Prom, Corner Inlet, Shallow Inlet & Hoddle Ranges.
"Meerundberg" is the perfect spot for friends and families to come together, relax and enjoy a spacious house with large gardens; or take a drive to wild, ocean beaches, stunning swimming locations, fabulous bushwalking trails or visit local townships with cafes, galleries and natural beauty spots. High-quality bed linen, bath towels, furnishings. Next to winery.
Meerundberg is pretty special as all our visitors say. Situated in the green and rolling hills of South Gippsland, all of the surrounding areas were fortunate to be UNaffected by bushfire. So, all the usual amenities of Wilson’s Prom and surrounding towns are open as usual and our lovely property provides beautiful views and welcoming country vistas.
• A warmly welcoming and large family country home, Meerundberg is perfect for groups of couples, young families or couples with adult kids, or the extended family. The layout and large spaces make our place very versatile. Fully renovated in the last 2 years.
• 4 bedrooms and 2 spacious living spaces set in park-like grounds and surrounded by farmland with fabulous Prom views from all the windows down one side of the house.
• We welcome young children but they must be supervised at all times for their safety and the care of our home. Pets are also welcome- however they are restricted to the slate areas inside and not allowed on the furniture. Please keep both dogs and cats on a lead outside, and clean up is expected.
•The master bedroom has a King-size bed and bedrooms 2, 3 and 4 have queen beds; all with electric blankets and luxurious throws and privacy locks. We supply quality bed linen, lots of pillows, throws and comfortable mattresses to ensure a calm night's sleep. All bedrooms are carpeted and have rugs for extra comfort and luxury underfoot.
• MASTER bedroom features breathtaking views over the garden and to the Hoddle Ranges; it has a walk-in robe, a reading corner and even the picture window in the ensuite has views to the Prom.
• BEDROOM 2 caters particularly for families as well as couples, as it has one single bed and a queen bed. It can share the en-suite or use the main bathroom. There is a large rug and space for playing, a walk-in robe space also with a washbasin, and shelves filled with children's books and toys. Babies/toddlers can be accommodated in the porta cot or on an extra floor mattress. There is a baby-change area in the laundry. This room has block-out blinds to ensure a good night’s sleep for everyone!
• BED 3 AND 4 queen bedrooms in the other wing of the house have beautiful linen, built-in robes and share the newly renovated large main bathroom with twin basins, free-standing bath, walk-in shower, and a separate toilet. Great views to the Prom and Corner Inlet are seen through the bathroom picture window.
• The 2 huge separate living areas both have internet-enabled TV; one is a 65-inch LCD with a sound-bar, and the other is a 48-inch with a PS3 and a huge selection of DVDs, board games and PS3 games. Great for groups or families as there’s plenty of space for everyone.
• The dining table looks south at the Prom across farmland and also south-west to the Hoddle Ranges. The huge kitchen has a picture window also with a breathtaking view looking over the Prom.
• The kitchen is fully equipped: it has an electric mixer, air fryer, blender, sandwich maker, juicer and plenty of extra tableware and cookware, including casserole dishes, plenty of pots and pans, sharp knives etc, etc. The newly renovated kitchen features a huge benchtop and bar stools, a Bosch dishwasher, a 5 burner gas cooktop and a large 90cm electric oven. In winter, try your hand using our wood-fired Bakers Oven for pizza or home-baked bread. Pop on some music on the Bose speaker and cook up a storm. There is plenty of room for your supplies in the full-sized fridge and roomy pantry.
• For those of you who like your coffee, froth and brew in our Mini Barista coffee machine or use the french press with Vittoria Espresso/Harris ground coffee. A wide selection of Twinings teas(English Breakfast, Earl Grey, mixed herbal teas) and filtered water are provided. One litre of fresh or UHT milk is provided. We provide olive and vegetable oil, salt and pepper, and a few other pantry basics.
• There is a Miele washing machine and a full laundry. Washing liquid is provided in small quantities. A drying rack is provided or use the line outside.
• Baby bath, highchair and change mat are stored in the laundry.
• The fully renovated 2 bathrooms(one with a separate toilet) are at either end of the house to cater to the separate bedroom wings and give guests more privacy. We provide bath towels, face washer, hand soap and shower wash. Bath towels are to remain in the house. For your convenience, beach towels can be purchased at cost if you forget your own. Our bathrooms are sparkling clean!
• The wood burner in the main lounge is particularly lovely with a stacked stone surround, large windows on both sides with amazing views, a cathedral ceiling and cosy wool carpet underfoot. We only supply wood in winter and a small amount of kindling. We do not recommend use of the wood burners in summer.
• If you prefer to sit outside to take in the views, we have several chairs with pretty cushions on the wide veranda. A glass of wine in hand with a million-dollar view rounds off the perfect day at Meerundberg.
• We supply a gas BBQ and wooden outdoor dining setting. The large Springfree trampoline will entertain kids for hours. There is a veggie patch to browse through and feel free to pick some herbs, oranges or a lemon from the garden. A Beach tent, a beach cricket set, snorkelling gear and 4 Bodyboards are provided for fun on the beach.
• Native plants in the fenced garden attract a variety of birds such as crimson rosellas, yellow-tailed black cockatoos, grey shrike-thrushes, ravens, magpies, kookaburras, superb fairy-wrens, New Holland honeyeaters and several types of little wrens and finches.
• Our three alpacas, Rabbit, Arby and Gunna are entertaining to watch from your chair on the verandah. You may spot an echidna , koala or a wombat wandering through the gardens in the late afternoon.
• We endeavour to be environmentally responsible. You will recycle glass, paper and hard plastic in the bins and use water wisely. We are on tank water (beautifully clean and filtered) and the system is septic which means it doesn’t appreciate anti-bacterial washes etc and only paper should be flushed. We use 'Who gives a Crap' toilet paper. Rubbish disposal( your kitchen/ bathroom domestic rubbish only) is included in your booking fee. Excessive rubbish or hard waste will be charged for. We have LEDs almost exclusively throughout the house but please switch off lights, heaters and appliances when not using. All windows are double glazed to screen noise and weather and conserve energy. We have newly installed solar hot water and solar panels.
"Meerundberg" is situated about 5 minutes drive from the country township of Foster. Foster has great amenities with 2 supermarkets, local butcher and fish shop, fruit and vege grocery store, 2 bakeries, several eateries and gift shops, 2 galleries, Foster Golf Club, Foster and Toora swimming pools, a library, tennis courts, a playground and oval, a skate park, Parks Victoria information office and a hospital. We live next to a winery restaurant- walk to breakfast, lunch or dinner in 5 minutes.
We are also only 15 minutes from Fish Creek and Alison Lester's bookshop and the famous art deco fish on top of the Fishy pub. Its 30 minutes to the wild ocean beaches of Waratah Bay, Walkerville, and a great surf beach at Sandy Point and also Shallow Inlet which is famous for launching boats from the beach, windsurfing and beach fishing as well as sand dune surfing (which the kids love.)
Agnes Falls is a short drive from Toora, a small town to the west of Foster and its well worth a visit. Toora offers the Prom Coast icecream shop, Latte Dah cafe, and a heated summer swimming pool. Beyond is the Tarra Bulga range and the Grand Ridge Road.
Of course, Wilsons Prom, aka 'The Prom', is known for its natural beauty of family friendly river wading, sandy bathing bays, windswept ocean beaches and anything from easy strolls with beautiful views to overnight bush walks. We are about 55 minutes drive to Tidal River, the township at The Prom. Day visiting is free and there is a cafe, takeaway and general store there.
Walking on a lovely evening on any of the surrounding beaches is truly special. See our photos for some of the day activities you could choose from while you are visiting. When you arrive, we have a number of brochures you can look at to decide what you would like to do while you stay here. The Parks info office is close by in Foster if you require further information.
We also often take a short stroll to The Lookout on South Gippsland Highway. There is again a wonderful view from 2 picnic tables and an elevated look out deck up there. Its a truly amazing location.
Foster North, Victoria, Australia