Less than 10 miles down the highway to Mercy Hospital in Washington, Missouri. And only 25 miles down I-44 to St. Clare Hospital in Fenton. Special rates for medical professional are available.
Ideal for a stay in the Show Me state, the Hound Haus hosts business travelers, solo travelers, dog show competitors, and couples looking to enjoy the greater St. Louis area.
The Hound Haus has an open living, dining, and kitchen area, and a 1 bedroom loft with a queen sized bed. Full bathroom on the main level off the kitchen.
Only 331 sq. ft. total, it is truly a tiny house!
Only 10 minutes to the Purina Events Center, the Hound Haus is popular with guests competing at events held throughout the year.
The Hound Haus was created as a retreat of peace and relaxation while you are in the area. Whether you are here for business, exploring Missouri parks and wine country, biking the Katy Trail, or visiting family for a wedding or holiday, the Hound Haus will be your place to rejuvenate.
The living area features an incredibly gorgeous area rug that you want to dig your toes into when you sit back to catch up on your Netflix series. The Roku smart TV has cable as well as Dish Sling, YouTube, Spotify, and more.
*Note that you will need to have your own Netflix, Hulu, Dish. etc. accounts to access those features as we do not share our accounts with you.*
Fully equipped with stove, refrigerator, and microwave as well as several small appliances that you can't live without (i.e. Keurig, regular coffeemaker, teapot). The Hound Haus is equipped with white place settings, solid flatware, and sleek glassware, as well as wine glasses for relaxing.
The Loft Bedroom
With crisp white linens and a deliciously comfortable bed, your sleep is high priority at the Hound Haus. Open the textured curtains to let the sunshine stream in through the sliding glass doors and step out on the balcony to enjoy the country air.
The clean, well lit bathroom is located just off the kitchen and features a large mirror.
Front Porch and Yard
A newly landscaped front walk and freshly painted porch welcome you to enjoy a cup of morning coffee or relax in the evening with local beer or wine while Fido plays in the yard.
A small dog is welcome to come with you, but only with prior approval. Please note that the county requires that you keep your dog on a leash outside and clean up the poo. There is a $25/night pet fee plus tax that will be sent as a special offer before you book or a reservation alteration when you instant book.
How Far Away
The Hound Haus is in a handy location to explore the eastern half of Missouri. Here are some popular attractions and how far away the Hound Haus is:
- Purina Farms and Shaw's Arboretum @ 8-10 minutes
- Blu Room therapy @ 12 minutes
- Washington, Missouri and the Missouri River (downtown festivals, Town and Country Fair, large industrial park) @ 10-15 minutes
- East Central College and the Union industrial park @ 13-15 minutes
- Six Flags @ 20 minutes
- Missouri Wine Country in Augusta @ 25-30 minutes
- Other area wineries from Union (15 minutes) to New Haven (35 minutes) to Hermann (50 minutes)
- River floating on the Huzzah River, Current River, and the Meramec River @ 30-60 minutes
- Downtown St. Louis for Cardinals baseball, Blues hockey, the Fox Theatre, the St. Louis Zoo, the Muny, the Science Center, the Art Museum, Forest Park, the City Museum, the Arch, Missouri Botanical Gardens, and much more @ 40-60 minutes
Other things to note
- Pre-approved dogs only, dog rate is $25/night per dog
- If competing at Purina Farms, please inquire about the Purina Farms dog rate; we do allow multiple competition dogs
Hound Haus is located on a residential street with easy access to Hwy 100 that connects Washington to I-44. Please be respectful of the neighbors and feel free to wave "Hi" to them.
We are in the country, that means it will be dark at night with your main light from the starry sky. If you are more comfortable with street lights, you may not like our country setting.
We will have all of the best restaurants in the area in our Welcome Book for you to browse when you arrive as well as in the custom web app that will be sent after your reservation is confirmed.
Villa Ridge, Missouri, USA